Delegates who are seeking to broaden their knowledge of how contentious trusts can have an impact on other legal sectors, from family and divorce to fraud and insolvency, will benefit greatly from this event agenda. Make connections, network with and learn from a diverse delegation to ensure you are up to speed on all relevant topics both central to private client law and those on the periphery.
Those who are returning for this third annual event will gain fresh and practical insights into today’s key developments and perennial issues through an agenda built with experienced sector leaders.
This event features a programme that has been developed by a lineup of experienced leading voices throughout the industry. The sessions are highly relevant and will explore emerging trends, dissect reoccurring complex issues, and offer expert insight. Therefore, delegates can be assured that each topic on the agenda will add practical value.
Contentious Tax Issues
- International Tax Planning
- Managing HMRC and DOJ investigations
- Tax mistakes that can leave trusts vulnerable
Trusts in Divorce
- Nuptial settlements
- Recent approaches from the family court
- The role of trustees in divorce proceedings
- Loss of capacity in various contexts
- How litigation happens in the Court of Protection
- International cases
- What UK practitioners need to know about different jurisdictions
- What offshore practitioners need to know about UK law
- Firewalls and enforcement
- Trusts and wills
- Pitfalls that can result in attack
- Post-mortem claims and proceedings
Trusts in Proceeds of Crime
- Trusts in Proceeds of Crime
- Confiscation of assets
- No consent regimes
Your 2024 Event Advisory Board
Farrer & Co
Your Expert Speakers:
Each topic will be addressed by solicitors, barristers and trustees from both chancery and offshore jurisdictions who worked on recent key cases and can thus offer firsthand perspectives, as opposed to second-hand speculative commentary on each issue. Benefit from more accurate insights into how you can navigate the ever-evolving private client legal maze.
Charles Russell Speechlys
McDermott, Will & Emery