Join your peers for the only Sanctions forum dedicated to navigating Litigation Disputes.
Rather than focusing on regulatory compliance strategies, gain practical insights and first-hand experience from Regulators, Private Practice, Barristers and other key stakeholders as they address the specific litigation challenges posed by the interaction of key sanctions regimes.
Regulatory Perspective on the Purpose, Co-Operation and Future Development of Global Sanctions Regimes
- Senior OFSI Representative gives update about the current state of the UK Sanctions Regime
- Counterparts in OFAC share how they have interacted with sanctions as of late
- The Differing Philosophies and Methodologies behind imposing and lifting sanctions between the US, UK, and EU
Control and Ownership Standards
- The need for an OFSI License
- The interplay between financial crime and sanctions due diligence and due diligence best practice
-Understanding "de-risking" policies
Strategies for Resolving Issues within the Framework of Sanctions Regimes
- Detection: Red flags and how to look for them, reporting obligations
- Prevention: Mitigating the risk of breach, meeting regulatory expectations
- Cure: Options in the event of a breach
Business and Professional Services Prohibitions
- The UK and EU trust and legal services ban
- Other prohibitions to business and professional services
- Reconciling sanctions compliance with competing legal and regulatory obligations
The Extra-Territorial Nature of Sanctions: Navigating a Multiplicity of Regimes
- Comparing and contrasting extraterritorial jursidiction
- Asset freezes, forfeiture, and confiscation
= The interplay between sanctions asset freeaes and asset recovery mechanisms in the UK and abroad
Legal Challenges to Designations and Licensing Decisions
- Judicial and administrative designation challenges
- Implications of recent challenges: Synesis, Shvidler, and others
- License decision challenges between jurisdictions: US, EU, and UK
Meet Your Advisory Board!
Rahman Ravelli (UK)
BCL Solicitors LLP
With International Perspectives From:
ADG Legal (Dubai, UAE)
Cooke, Young & Keidan
Essex Court Chambers
Partnering on an event or indeed the community as a whole will increase your company’s profile and brand awareness.
We can provide bespoke value adding partnerships. We will work in partnership with you to develop a bespoke marketing solution to meet your objectives across varying events and thought leadership content. We will ensure that you gain value through the right medium, focused on your desired audience, with a true partnership that delivers value to your marketing needs. Want to know more?
Please contact Chloe on +44 7983 505 171 or email email@example.com.