Berkeley Research Group
The UK Commercial Property Litigation and Disputes Forum 2024
The only forum to bring together the key stakeholders under one roof. Hear solicitors, surveyors and consultants address disputes arising from property litigation.
In-person | 29th February 2024 | Thistle Hotel Marble Arch
Learn from an experienced lineup of speakers including solicitors, surveyors and consultants who navigate the complexities of building safety, tenancy feuds and more.
Explore issues both perennial and recent that impact the field of property litigation and disputes.
In just one content-packed day, learn about:
The Building Safety Act
- Regulating liability for building negligence
- Who should be held responsible for buildings
that aren’t up to code?
- Impacts of Grenfell and RAAC concrete in schools
Rights to Light Disputes
- Measures to mitigate risk of disputes
- Effective remedies for infringements
- How surveyors measure the adequacy
of light in a given area
The 1954 Landlord and Tenant Act
- Is the Act fit for for purposed in the modern world?
- Can a more productive relationship between
landlords and tenants be achieved?
- What does the future of security of tenure hold?
- Leaseholder points of contention
- Charging orders and enforcing judgments
- Estate management fees
- Best practices for avoiding litigation
ESG and Sustainability
- How can ESG legislation lead to property disputes?
- Are councils enforcing ESG legislation
on their properties?
- The impact and implication of green leases
- Understanding the relief application process
- Implications of waiving the right to forfeit
- Reforming rules to allow for forfeiting
and claiming rent
Chaired by a prolific advisor with over two decades of experience in property litigation:
Trowers & Hamlins
Farrer & Co
Payne Hicks Beach
Your Surveyors & Consultants
Chase Sinclair Clark
Berkley Research Group
New Square Chambers